## Ask somebody for their HushChat z-address (z-addr)
## Initial Setup
They click the button that says "zs1" and it will copy it to their clipboard. Give every contact a different z-addr!
In our example we use HushChat user Alice and HushChat user Bob that **both have valid positive Hush values in their wallets**.
## When you know a HushChat z-addr, send a contact request
Make sure you have funds! Send yourself funds 3+ times or with 3+ outputs in one transaction, so you have multiple
* Make sure to send yourself funds 3+ times or with 3+ outputs in one transaction, so you have multiple
"notes" to spend. This means you can send another memo before waiting for a confirmation. If you don't, you will need
to wait for 1 confirmation every time, before sending.
Click the "add contact" button at the top left, and "Send Contact Request" screen will show up.
* Choose a name
* Enter zaddr
* **I cannot stress this enough, but make sure to give every contact a different z-addr (z-address)!**
### HushChat handshake
Alice and Bob first have to initiate the HushChat initial communication handshake otherwise HushChat will not work correctly and you will end up with garbage, like this:
##### Alice begins...
1. Alice asks Bob for a HushChat z-address (z-addr) to start communicating.
1. Bob clicks on the "Zs1" button in his HushChat tab. The result is that the wallet creates a new z-addr and copies it into his clipboard. We'll call this Bob's HushChat z-addr.
1. Bob shares his newly created HushChat z-addr with Alice.
1. Alice receives Bob's HushChat z-addr.
##### Alice adds Bob as HushChat contact
1. Alice clicks on the "add contact" button in her HushChat tab, which is to the left of "Zs1". The result is the "Send Contact Request" screen appears with a new z-addr, which we'll call this Alice's HushChat z-addr. This screen appears as:
1. Bob clicks on the "incoming contact request" button in his HushChat tab, which is to the left of the "add contact" button. Note that Bob sees a red 1 here instead of the zero, as seen above. The result is the "Incoming Contact Request" screen, which is shown here: